Thursday, February 13, 2014

Kindness and Valentines' Goodies

"All you need is love.  But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt."
― Charles M. Schulz

It is not Valentines' Day yet, but I received flowers and a lovely Valentines' goody bag today -- from one of my dearest mom friends.

My friend and I check in nearly every afternoon to see when each of us will arrive at school, so that we can coordinate pick-ups.  With at least two pick-ups each and school traffic as gnarly as it is, our being each other's back up comes in very handy.  Today, she asked me if I could keep one of her daughters after school, so that she could accompany her other daughter to an activity.  It was no trouble at all.  I was simply putting one more child in my car and her daughter happens to be a wonderful little girl.  And my children love playing with her -- an added bonus.

When I arrived at my friend's house with her daughter in the evening, I commented on a beautiful vase of flowers she had by the door.  "Those are for you!" she said.  And there was a goody bag with several treats for me, including a hand lotion that I had mentioned liking and chocolate, and a very sweet card.

My friend is very thoughtful.  She remembers the smallest details -- like my commenting on how wonderfully a hand lotion smells.  And she is very kind to her friends.  I feel blessed to have her friendship and appreciate her Valentines' kindness.

No comments:

Post a Comment