Wednesday, September 17, 2014

The Kindness of Making Someone Feel at Home

“Love begins at home, and it is not how much we do… but how much love we put into that action.”
-- Mother Teresa

I have a very dear friend who is more like family than anything else.  We have known each other for more than three decades.  And although we live in different parts of the country, we are blessed to see each other a couple of times a year.


During a recent business trip, I stayed at her house.  I am always amazed at how her kindness quickly makes me feel at home.  Her gracious hospitality included picking me up at the train station, making me a delicious dinner and preparing a lovely room for me to stay in.  She is one of the most gracious hostesses and makes it all look so effortless that one can easily forget that hosting someone involves quite a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment