Saturday, October 15, 2016

The Kindness of a Ride to the Airport

"Kindness is a passport that opens doors and fashions friends.  It softens hearts and molds relationships that can last lifetimes."
~ Joseph B. Wirthlin

There are times when balancing work and family life is harder than others.  Recently, a child's birthday, a school field trip and a key business trip collided into a perfect storm.  As I tried to find my way through, I found an airport but no way to get there from a retreat spot.  Enter the story's hero: our school principal.  She volunteered to drive me to the airport, which was about an hour away from where we were.  I was completely overwhelmed by her generosity and kindness.  Things did not work out perfectly, but they worked out as well as they could have when you are faced with a perfect storm -- thanks to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment