Wednesday, November 19, 2014

The Kindness of Silly

"I don't have a master plan, but I try to be thoughtful when I can and also silly. It's part of the fun."
~ Josh Charles

To borrow loosely from Gordon Gekko, silly is good.  I suppose there was a time in my life when I might have been hesitant to admit that, but the older I get, the more I relish silly.  I love the silly texts that my friends send me -- especially when I am out of town on business and in need of human connection.  I love the silly things that my children and I do together.  I even love silly conversations with business colleagues after a long day of meetings.  Silly is fun.  Silly can make us laugh.  And there is kindness in giving each other the space and acceptance to be our silly selves.

No comments:

Post a Comment