Monday, April 9, 2018

Kindness and the Happy Purse

“Life is too short not to celebrate nice moments!”
~ Jurgen Klopp

I don’t like to change purses. It seems like an unnecessary hassle.  So I am not the person who coordinates outfits and handbags.  Consequently, my purses are usually in very neutral colors and more often than not, black. Enter one of my dear friends who every so often will text with a photo of a purse that she is not using and thinks I may like. Always solid neutrals and perfect. A few weeks ago, she sent a photo of a purse with flowers all over it – a very happy purse. It is the kind of purse that I would have admired in a store, but would not have bought because it would not be something I could wear all the time and thus would take me into the dreaded purse-changing mode I avoid. But I really liked the purse and told her I would gladly have it. Ever since my friend dropped off the purse, I think of it as the happy purse. I find the flower pattern very cheerful. And to my surprise, I have been using the purse nonstop for a couple of weeks now. Seeing it always makes me smile. I know that a big part of that is that it reminds me of my friend’s constant kindness.

No comments:

Post a Comment