Saturday, August 20, 2016

Kindness of School Personnel

"Those who are happiest are those who do the most for others."
~ Booker T. Washington

As a mother of several children, I frequently need to negotiate doctors' appointments, issues at school and other matters, nearly always by telephone.  It's not always easy... sometimes you can't find the right person, the person on the other end of the phone can't seem to help... 

One of my children recently called me from school about an issue with her laptop computer.  I emailed the person in charge of technology and then decided to call -- on the off chance that I might reach him.  To my great surprise, the gentleman answered his phone and said that he was just about to respond to my email.  He then explained what was going on (deliveries were delayed) and said that he would find my daughter, explain it to her and get her a loaner until her computer arrived.  Which he did.  And all was well with the world again.

No comments:

Post a Comment