Friday, August 26, 2016

The Kindness of Random Encounters

"I define connection as the energy that exists between people when they feel seen, heard, and valued; when they give and receive without judgment; and when they derive sustenance and strength from that relationship."
~ Brené Brown

Frequently, when I reflect on my day, what stands out most are the generally unplanned encounters with people that add so much to my life.  I thought about this at the end of a day when I had run into a friend at the grocery store and when my mother had stopped by for a quick visit.  Connection is so vitally important to us and yet we don't always plan for it.  However, if we are lucky, we are blessed with the chance encounter and the ensuing pleasant conversation or the unexpected call or text from a friend just to say hello -- wonderful surprises that each day brings.  I find myself savoring those contacts long after.  Sometimes, connection is just what we need to get us through the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment