Tuesday, August 30, 2016

The Kindness of Group Help

"I learned that surrounding myself with people who are able to help me is like being surrounded by tangible godliness."
~ Jada Pinkett Smith

I am not sure what it is about back-to-school, but it seems to tire out all of us -- at least the parents of school-age children.  I imagine it is the activity-charged early mornings: breakfast, dressing, packing lunches, hauling activity stuff, backpacks... "Did you brush your teeth?!?"  And all this before what time in the morning?

Thankfully, as we make our way through the first couple of weeks of school, there are the early-morning and late-evening texts between parents.  We remind each other about activities, we confirm back-to-school meeting times...  And together we make it through the haze -- as we count the days until next summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment