Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Kindness and the Warmest Welcome

"There is no hospitality like understanding."
- Vanna Bonta

My family and I recently visited our friends who moved to the other side of the world about a year ago.  It took nearly about a full day for us to get there, but when we did, the father of the family and one of the children were waiting for us at the airport -- even though it was very early on a Saturday morning.  When we arrived at their home, the mother had cooked a delicious breakfast.  And on the kitchen counter, there was a sign welcoming my family next to a vase of my favorite flowers.  A very gracious hostess, the mother had thought of everything -- toiletries in our room, a carafe of water, a book I might enjoy on the nightstand...  And when I walked into the bathroom in my room, I smelled a familiar fragrance and found more of my favorite flowers in a small vase.  Every morning as I looked at the beautiful flowers and enjoyed them, I thought how wonderful it is when someone understands the things that make you happy.

Note:  I apologize that I was not able to post for a couple of days, but we lost Internet connection.

No comments:

Post a Comment