Friday, July 29, 2016

The Kindness of Perfect Timing

"A warm smile is the universal language of kindness."
- William Arthur Ward

A very dear work colleague told me that she was going to send me a couple of extra handbags that she had gotten on a recent overseas trip.  The following week, as my family was getting ready to leave on vacation, one of my daughters asked me if I could get her a certain tote bag for the trip.  In the midst of a crazy day, I called a nearby store to see if they had the one my daughter wanted, but they didn't.  As we were walking out our front door on the way to the airport, a package arrived. I was about to just toss it inside as we were in a hurry, but I saw that it was from my colleague, so I opened it quickly.  Inside were two tote bags -- the same kind that my daughter had wanted!  My daughter was in shock and incredibly thrilled.  My colleague's thoughtfulness was sheer magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment