Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Kindness and Colleagues

"If the human race wishes to have a prolonged and indefinite period of material prosperity, they have only got to behave in a peaceful and helpful way toward one another."
~ Winston Churchill

The other day, I emailed a professional colleague and received an out-of-office message, indicating that he was out of the country.  I called his assistant to see when he would be returning as I needed a response from him.  I had never talked to this young woman before, but we had a very nice conversation.  She was incredibly friendly and helpful.  Even though her boss was out of the country, she predicted -- correctly, as it turned out -- that he would respond within 24 hours or so.  After hanging up the phone, I marveled at how pleasant random kind interactions can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment