Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Kindness at the Grocery Store

"Those who are the happiest are those who do the most for others."
~ Booker T. Washington

A friend of mine was having a dinner party at her house and another friend of ours was cooking.  The cook realized that she had forgotten a key ingredient for one of the dishes she was making, so I ran to the grocery store to get it.  I found the item at the store and quickly made my way to the checkout lanes as I was eager to get back to the dinner party.  I thought about going in the Express Lane, but the line was too long.  I ended up in another cashier lane behind a woman who had a full cart.  All of a sudden, one of the grocery store employees motioned to me to go to a lane that was closed.  I thanked him and told him how much I appreciated his helping me.  I don't know that the lane remained open after me, but I was grateful to be on my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment