Tuesday, July 26, 2016

The Kindness (and Inspiration) of Faith that Looks through Death

"What though the radiance which was once so bright
Be now forever taken from my sight,
Though nothing can bring back the hour
Of splendour in the grass, of glory in the flower;
We will grieve not, rather find
Strength in what remains behind;
In the primal sympathy
Which having been must ever be;
In the soothing thoughts that spring
Out of human suffering;
In the faith that looks through death,
In years that bring the philosophic mind."
~ William Wordsworth

A dear friend of mine's mother died more than two years ago.  When my friend told me how long it had been, I couldn't believe it.  Her mother was an amazing and loving person.  I can still hear her voice and see the mischievous twinkle in her eye.

My friend shared that her mother used to say, "God always decides in my favor."  This was something her mother believed even as she was battling cancer.  My friend believes that her mother was right and she told me of the many blessings that had come about because of her mother's passing.  My friend deeply misses her mother, but she has faith -- the kind that looks through death.

No comments:

Post a Comment