Friday, July 22, 2016

The Kindness of Prayer Angels

"Friendship has always belonged to the core of my spiritual journey."
~ Henri Nouwen

I feel so blessed that I can reach out to my friends and ask for prayers.  My prayer angels are just a text away.  There are two, in particular, who are always on prayer duty.  Before I take a flight (yes, Nervous Nellie here), I text my prayer angels and ask for their prayers.  And there they are through cyberspace, not only praying for me, but also sending me thoughtful messages.

On another note about prayer, the other day at a business meeting, one of my colleagues passed around pieces of paper and asked each of us to write down something we would like others to pray for, for us.  We put all the pieces of paper in a bucket and then we each randomly selected one.  We then pray for someone else's intention for a week.  This practice was inspired by the Year of Mercy.

No comments:

Post a Comment