Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Kindness and Pulled Pork

"If you really want to make a friend, go to someone's house and eat with him... the people who give you their food give you their heart."
~ Cesar Chávez

We have friends who are just... well, very special.  On a recent evening, they called to see if we were interested in some pulled pork and potato salad that the husband had made for a family gathering the day before.  I was delighted and happily drove to their house to pick up the food.  Both dishes were delicious.  They had given me a good amount, so I called my mother and asked her if she wanted dinner.  Another working woman, she accepted gratefully.  As she sat in my kitchen close to 10 pm, she said, "Well, I didn't think I was going to eat this well tonight."  She also pronounced the pulled pork the best she's ever had.  There is something very nice about friends sharing food.  

No comments:

Post a Comment