Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Kindness, a Teenager and Cyberspace

"You take away all the other luxuries in life, and if you can make someone smile and laugh, you have given the most special gift: happiness."
~ Brad Garrett

Have you ever really, really not wanted to do something you had to do?  On a recent morning, as I was mentally grumbling about somewhere I needed to go, I received a funny photo from one of my daughter's best friends.  This teenager lives on the other side of the world.  On this particular morning (which was evening for her), she used one of those funny filters to turn herself into a cherry and sent me the photo.  I responded and told her that I was so grateful for a funny photo and text given that I was in a bad mood about where I needed to go.  She proceeded to send me more funny photos as well as a video, and told me to remember that she was always watching over my family.  I laughed out loud, grateful for this wonderful teenager and this crazy world of cyberspace.  Hours later, after I had uneventfully done what I needed to do, I was still smiling thinking of her kindness.

No comments:

Post a Comment