Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Kindness and Anniversaries

"Kindness in words creates confidence.  Kindness in thinking creates profoundness.  Kindness in giving creates love."
~ Lao Tzu

On a dark and very early morning, one of my dearest friends drove me to the airport to meet my daughter for the first time.  The night before, my friend had been at my house until close to midnight helping me prepare for my daughter's arrival.  My husband would be arriving the next day just after 5 am with our daughter.  As I was getting ready that next morning, my friend called around 3 am.  He said that he did not want me driving to the airport in the dark alone and that he was on his way to take me.  That was 15 years ago today.  We always celebrate my daughter's arrival and remember what that day was like.  Prominent in those memories -- and forever in my heart -- is my friend's kindness.

No comments:

Post a Comment