Sunday, April 9, 2017

The Kindness of Recognizing What's Important to Someone Else

"Be nice to each other.  You can make a whole day a different day for everybody."
~ Richard Dawson

Every Sunday, I rush to try to make it to Bible study before church.  Invariably, I am late.  But on this Sunday, my children decided that they were going to help me be on time.  They got ready without several prompts from me.  They helped gather our things.  They packed a yogurt for me to eat in the car...  And, lo and behold, we were out the door earlier than usual and I arrived with a few minutes to spare.  I was so touched that my children recognized something that was important to me and then went out of their way to make it happen.  It may have been a one-shot deal, but I truly appreciated it.

No comments:

Post a Comment