Sunday, April 23, 2017

The Kindness of Leaving No Rider Behind

"I cannot even imagine where I would be today were it not for that handful of friends who have given me a heart full of joy.  Let's face it, friends make life a lot more fun."
~ Charles R. Swindoll

My family and I recently spent a couple of days at an amusement park with two other families.  It was an adventure coordinating 13 people, but we managed pretty well.  At one point, it looked as though I might not make it to my favorite ride.  I stayed behind with one child who would not be riding and the group went on ahead.  My husband ended up staying with the child and so I was able to get in the line for the ride.  I figured riding it alone was better than not riding it at all.  One of my mom friends who was with the larger group asked me where I was.  I told her I was in the line.  She told me that they were close to the front and that I should go and meet them.  But I was not comfortable doing that.  Next thing I knew, there was a park employee summing me to the front of the line where the rest of the group was waiting.  "You weren't going to ride alone!" my mom friend said.  I was grateful for her negotiating skills, and minutes later, I was delighted to be swinging through the air surrounded by family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment