Friday, April 14, 2017

Kindness in the Return Line

"Remember there's no such thing as a small act of kindness.  Every act creates a ripple with no logical end."
~ Scott Adams

After a long day of errands, I was standing third in line to return a couple of items at a home improvement store with my three children.  The person who was first in line seemed to have a complicated return and I was hoping that we would last the wait.  When the first person finished, the gentleman who was next in line told the cashier to take us.  He said his return involved at least four receipts and he did not mind waiting.  Needless to say, I was grateful that we were able to get out of the store before any of us had a meltdown and I appreciated the gentleman's example.  As I drove through the parking lot on my way out, I stopped to let someone cross in front of me and smiled as I realized that the gentleman's kindness impacted me more than I realized.

No comments:

Post a Comment