Thursday, April 27, 2017

The Kindness of Teenage Thoughtfulness

"Be nice to each other.  You can make a whole day a different day for everybody."
~ Richard Dawson

I recently attended a musical performance in which my teenagers were participating.  One of my children suggested that I did not have to attend as she wasn't sure what other parents would be going.  I tried to explain that that did not matter to me, but of course, that was completely irrelevant.  When I tried to take their photos before the performance began, they shot me "please don't" looks and tried to hide behind the music stands.  After the performance, one of their friends actually asked me if I wanted her to take a photo of me with my children.  Pleasantly shocked, I said yes before my daughters could shoot the poor girl a dirty look.

No comments:

Post a Comment