Monday, April 3, 2017

Kindness and Forgetting

"Friendship is a sheltering tree."
~ Samuel Taylor Coleridge

I thought I had managed to survive four very busy work days that included much of the weekend.  And then Monday morning rolled around and I realized that I had forgotten to do two important things on the home front.  Well, I actually did not remember both on my own.  One of my dearest mom friends texted me to ask if I had done one of them.  No!  I told her and said how terrible I felt because it was a note for a friend that would be part of a group tribute.  My mom friend sprung into action.  She called to find out if I could still participate, talked me through what I had to do, and then literally ran my submission over to where it needed to go.  That afternoon, I was talking to my friend's teenage daughter and I said, "Your mom saved the day."  This teenager's response?  "My mom always saves the day."  

No comments:

Post a Comment