Sunday, May 7, 2017

Kindness and Check-Out Lines

"Kindness and politeness are not overrated at all.  They're underused."
~ Tommy Lee Jones

I was surprised to find kindness in a somewhat unlikely place -- store check-out lines.  And two days in a row.  The first time, I was standing in an incredibly long line at a store.  I wasn't exactly sure who the last person in line was, so I asked the woman who I thought was at the end.  She thought she was, but then there was another woman off to the side and we could not figure out if she was part of the line.  "If she is in line, I'll just let her go ahead of me," the woman in front of me said.  The second time was at the grocery store.  I was checking out when my daughter and I realized that we had forgotten something.  My daughter ran off to get it, but did not get back before the cashier finished ringing us up, so I told her to go to the self-check out line.  But the gentleman behind me insisted that she could go ahead of him.  It was nice to experience people being kind to each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment