Saturday, May 13, 2017

The Kindness of Teenage Wisdom

"A loving heart is the truest wisdom."
~ Charles Dickens

One of my daughters recently went on one of those all-day class trips to a four-hour-away amusement park.  Not that I worry, but...  I did ask her to check in with me every so often and let me know how it was going.  She very dutifully texted me from the rest stop and once they arrived, but then I did not hear from her for a few hours.  I was with my other daughter, who reassured me by telling me that my traveling daughter and her friends were probably on the wet rides and had left the phones in a locker.  Sure enough, less than half an hour later, the traveling sister reappeared via text and shared that her phone had been in a locker while she went on the rides.

No comments:

Post a Comment