Monday, May 8, 2017

The Kindness of a Powerful Suggestion

"Anyone can negatively criticize -- it is the cheapest of all comment because it requires not a modicum of the effort that suggestion requires."
~ Chuck Jones

At the end of a recent yoga class, the instructor finished with her usual reflection about how blessed we are, how blessed that we were able to move the way we did, how blessed that we were able to get to class...  Then she suggested that, "for today, just for today... don't complain."  It seemed like a great idea, so I decided to give it a try.  The truth is that I ran into another mother and we ended up talking about a variety of topics...  And I am not sure that I left the building without violating my new resolution.  But I guess that it's like eating healthily or exercising, we fall down on the job and we try again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment