Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Kindness and an Icon

"Peace begins with a smile."
~ St. Teresa of Calcutta

A priest friend of mine has been traveling in Europe and had shared that he would be attending an icon painting retreat.  I always appreciate hearing from him and I was very intrigued by the icon painting.  In fact, I wanted to ask him to send me his finished creation, but decided not to in case he didn't want to share it -- or in case I misunderstood what the retreat was about.  After several weeks of travel and a long holiday weekend, I woke up feeling a bit unsettled.  And then I saw the email from my priest friend.  He was sharing his latest travels and he included a photo of the icon he painted.  The image and his thoughtfulness made me smile, and gave me a much-welcomed sense of peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment