Thursday, December 21, 2017

Kindness and Thoughtful Teens

“Good habits formed at youth make all the difference.”
~ Aristotle

There are few things that I appreciate more than kindnesses toward my children.  One of my children celebrated a birthday recently.  Fortunately, she did not have to be at school as early as usual as there was a different mid-term schedule.  I let the birthday girl sleep a little longer and took my other child at the regular time.  As I was leaving the school, I noticed a girl in a car headed toward the school.  She had a beautiful birthday balloon with her.  And then I realized that it was one of my daughter’s friends who was taking the balloon for her birthday.  A couple of blocks later, I ran into two of my daughter’s friends.  They were headed to a nearby Starbuck’s and one of them asked me what my daughter liked from the coffee shop.  Thoughtful teens are a treasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment