Monday, December 11, 2017

The Kindness of a College Student

“Treat others as you wish to be treated.  Don’t just be nice, but be kind to other people.  That can be so rewarding.”
~ Mary Lambert

Every so often, people surprise me – sometimes more than others.  This time, it was a college student in the middle of finals.  I asked this college student, the daughter of one of my closest friends, if she would write a note of encouragement for someone.  Knowing how stressed college students can be at any time and particularly at the end of a semester, I told her not to worry if she could not do it.  She told me she would do it right away.  And she did.  She actually sent it to me within the half hour.  It was a beautiful note.  And she thanked me for asking her to do it.  All I can say is, wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment