Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Kindness, Old Friends and a Christmas Ornament

“To be with old friends is very warming and comforting.”
~ Ian Ziering

During Christmas, I received an incredibly thoughtful gift from a childhood friend, with whom I went to school from elementary school through high school.  A couple of months ago, we got together with a handful of our best childhood friends after an event at our former school.  My friend sent me an ornament that was a small, framed photo of the five of us from our most recent meeting with a small plaque that had the year on it.  It is a beautiful gift and it came lovingly wrapped in Christmas tree tissue paper with a very sweet note.  I marveled at her thoughtfulness and at the effort – all the steps involved in getting that wonderful gift to me and to our other friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment