Thursday, January 18, 2018

The Kindness of an Amazing Thank You Note

“God gave you a gift of 86,400 seconds today.  Have you used one to say ‘thank you’?”
~ William Arthur Ward

I love writing thank you notes, but I am always woefully behind on my social correspondence.  Last night, I received a note that encouraged me to get back on track.  I had sent a gift to a friend who had a baby.  She texted me when she received it and said she would follow up with a “proper” thank you.  I told her not to worry about sending a note.  After all, she had thanked me, and she has her hands full with a newborn and a toddler.  But I received her handwritten thank you note a few days later and it is one of the most thoughtful notes I have ever received.  Given how much her note meant to me, I decided to redouble my commitment to saying thank you.  I don’t know that I will ever catch up, but her kind note was a reminder of how much a thank you can be appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment