Wednesday, January 24, 2018

The Kindness of a Grandmother’s Visits

“My grandmother influenced me so deeply.”
~ Jan Karon

My mother has a very busy life – she works full-time and then some and is involved in many community activities, but she always makes time to visit my children.  Fortunately, she lives close by, so she stops by often.  Sometimes, she comes for dinner and is treated to the latest goings-on in the adventures of her teenage granddaughters, and sometimes, it’s a quick visit for hugs and whatever baked goods my children have made.  I know that my mother must be tired some evenings and that she would prefer to go home.  But I truly appreciate the effort she makes.  Her extra effort translates into her being an important part of my children’s lives and she is creating memories that they will always treasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment