Tuesday, January 30, 2018

The Kindness of a Mid-Morning Sweet

“I work best when there’s a safety trampoline of kindness.”
~ Ruth Negga

At a recent all-day business meeting, I decided mid-morning that my resolve to stay away from the sweet snacks that I had seen earlier was gone and that I needed a sugary pick-me-up to see me through until lunch.  But when I went to where the sweets had been set out, there was none left.  I walked by the table a couple of times in the hope that the tray was just being replenished, but no.  On a mission, I spied two of the servers in conversation.  I apologized for the interruption and asked if there were any pastries left.  One of the two, a very nice gentleman, immediately offered to go check in the kitchen.  He returned with a tray filled with the sugary treats, a plate and tongs, and offered them to me.  I thanked him profusely and he assured me that eating one of them always made him feel better.  Back at my table a few minutes later, I was grateful for my snack and his kindness.

No comments:

Post a Comment