Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Small Kindnesses

“No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.”
~ Aesop

I’m not sure that there is any such thing as a small kindness.  The person who is sharing the kindness might feel that it is no big deal, but I don’t think the recipient ever feels that way.  In part, I think this is true because we often don’t know what is going on with someone else – especially people we don’t know well, and so we don’t know who might need a little kindness. 

Recently, I went to pick up baked goods at a friend’s house.  She bakes delicious pumpkin breads with chocolate chips.  I had ordered one loaf, but she brought me two.  She said that she had wanted to give me an extra one for a while, but she kept running out.  I told her that her timing was perfect.  It had been one of those days and her kindness was just what I needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment