Thursday, January 25, 2018

The Kindness of Saving Orchids… and Helping Friends

“Kindness is a passport that opens doors and fashions friends.  It softens hearts and molds relationships that can last lifetimes.”
~ Joseph B. Wirthlin

One of my dearest friends is an orchid expert.  She loves orchids, grows orchids…  I, on the other hand, have the opposite of a green thumb.  Some time ago, I had sent her a photo of an orchid that I was not sure was dead or alive.  She patiently explained to me what to look for in terms of signs of life.  And then just yesterday, she sent me photos and a step-by-step guide of how to assess life in an orchid and how to revive it.  All this via text.  One of her other friends had asked for her assistance and she had compiled the photos and texts for her.  Remembering that I had orchid issues, too, my wonderful friend sent me the information also.

No comments:

Post a Comment