Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Finding Kindness on an Unknown Street

"Kindness is the essence of greatness and the fundamental characteristic of the noblest men and women I have known."
~ Joseph B. Wirthlin

I recently had to go to a part of town that I don't know well for a business lunch.  Even after Mapquesting the address, I was still unsure about where I was going, so I called a friend to help me get there.  As always, he was very kind and patient, and spoke to me until I reached my destination.

When I arrived, there was what looked like a parking space in front of the restaurant, so I parked there.  I went inside the restaurant to check whether it was indeed a space and where I had to get the ticket to pay for the parking.  One of the waiters very kindly went outside with me to see where I had parked and then directed me to the ticket machine across the street.

After lunch, as I was trying to back out of the parking space, my rear sensors indicated that there was something behind the car even though the car parked behind me seemed quite a distance away.  I got out of my car to check and found a large trash can, which a cleaning person seemed to have left there.  As I went to move it, the cleaning man walked out of one of the restaurants and quickly moved it for me.  He then directed me out of the parking space.

As I left the area, I thought how nice it had been to find so much kindness on my way to and then in a place I hadn't been before. 

No comments:

Post a Comment