Tuesday, March 24, 2015

The Kindness of Calm

"Life goes by fast.  Enjoy it.  Calm down.  It's all funny.  Next.  Everyone gets so upset about the wrong things."
~ Joan Rivers

I consider myself blessed to have several people in my life who are calming influences. 

On the eve of a big trip, I ran into a doctor friend at the pharmacy.  Perfectly suited for his profession, he has a wonderful bedside manner, which I have been on the receiving end of more than once.  With a thousand things on my mind, I mentioned that I had not been to see him in his office for a while, but that I would see him upon my return.  He told me that the guidelines for check-ups had changed, so not to worry.

I then texted one of my dearest mom friends to share just one more worry.  And, as always, she texted a soothing message back.

There is no better gift for angst that the kindness of calm.

No comments:

Post a Comment