Tuesday, March 31, 2015

In-Flight Kindness

"Courtesy is as much a mark of a gentleman as courage."
- Theodore Roosevelt

On a recent trip with several connections, I arrived at the next leg of the journey with the flight well into boarding.  When I tried to stow my suitcase in the overhead compartment, there was another bag that was making it difficult to fit mine.  As the bag was somewhat flat and flexible, I thought that if I could move it a bit,my bag might fit in the same compartment.  I asked the bag's owner if I could move his bag just a little.  He stood up to help me and ended up moving his bag to another compartment that was several rows back so that my bag could fit in the compartment above my seat.

A few minutes later, the flight attendant announced that the overhead compartments were full and that any suitcase that did not fit would have to be checked.  Given that I had an international flight to make, I was  incredibly grateful for this gentleman's kindness.

No comments:

Post a Comment