Thursday, March 12, 2015

Sweet Kindness

"It is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all."
~ Laura Ingalls Wilder

A mom friend of mine texted me to share a lovely story about a boy in her son's Third Grade class.  There was a bake sale at school and my friend, who works at the school, went to find her son to give him money for the bake sale.  When she found her son, she saw that he already had a treat.  She asked her son how he had bought it and he replied that another little boy had bought it for him.  My friend gave her son money so that he could repay the other boy.  And then she watched as the other boy gave the money to another classmate, so that he could buy something.  "I was touched by his generosity and his sweetness toward his classmates," my friend said.

And my friend, no slouch in the kindness department, sent the boy's mother a text telling her how nicely her son had behaved.

No comments:

Post a Comment