Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Then, Now and the Kindness of a Manicurist

"When you recover or discover something that nourishes your soul and brings joy, care enough about yourself to make room for it in your life."
~ Jean Shinoda Bolen

There was a time in my life when I went for weekly manicures and had self-care a little higher on my priority list.  But that was then.  And while I would not trade my now for anything, it does make for infrequent appointments for things like manicures, pedicures and haircuts.  Sometimes, I think I don't even have the time to call to make the appointments.  That, of course, isn't exactly true, but that is the feeling.

Thankfully, I have a manicurist whom I adore and when she hasn't seen me for a while, she will call me.  She called me last week and asked when I could come in.  And that is how we found ourselves on Friday evening having a great chat over nails.  I was her last appointment and when we left, it was after 8 pm.  I know many people like happy hours on Friday nights, but for me, getting my nails done and having an enjoyable conversation is much better.  I would not have made it to the salon had it not been for the kindness of my manicurist.

No comments:

Post a Comment