Monday, March 16, 2015

Kindness Forgotten

"Always give without remembering and always receive without forgetting."
~ Brian Tracy

A woman I know is an attorney, but she left the practice ages ago and jokes that she has forgotten more law than she ever knew.  She graduated from law school more than 25 years ago.

At an event recently, she ran into a woman she had met in law school, who was a year behind her.  The younger woman came up and said that she remembered how the woman I know had helped her when she began law school.  "You met with me on a Sunday afternoon and helped me figure out what was going on, " she said.

The woman I know did not remember that and at best had a very vague recollection.  But she did find amazing that such a small kindness could be recalled more than two decades later.

No comments:

Post a Comment