Tuesday, March 10, 2015

The Kindness of a Wise Friend with a Good Heart

"A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination."
~ Nelson Mandela

I recently had lunch with a former colleague.  We last worked together about 10 years ago and she has now retired to another country, so I was delighted to learn that she was in town and that we could squeeze in a visit.

My former colleague is as gracious as she is kind.  Whenever she sees me, she always brings me a thoughtful gift.  This time, it was a beautiful raw amethyst pendant.

I treasure our time together and our conversations.  Just a few years older than me, my friend always has pearls of wisdom to share.  And whenever I have needed advice -- whether on work-related or personal issues, she has generously given it.

No comments:

Post a Comment