Tuesday, January 12, 2016

The Kindness of Not Making Someone Feel Badly

"The qualities I most admire in women are confidence and kindness."
~ Oscar de la Renta

The other day, I found out that I had forgotten a friend's birthday.  I was dropping off her daughter at her house and I noticed that there were fresh flowers.  When I commented on how beautiful they were, my friend's daughter said that her mother had gotten them for her birthday the day before.  When I saw my friend a little later, I apologized for not remembering her birthday.  She shrugged it off and said that she doesn't like it when people remember her birthday because she never remembers anyone's birthday.  She said it so convincingly that it almost made me feel better.  And then before I left her house, she gave me a huge piece of her very delicious birthday cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment