Wednesday, January 27, 2016

The Kindness of Vitamin F

"Let us be grateful to people who make us happy, they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom."
~ Marcel Proust

A couple of weeks ago, I had lunch with a friend from childhood (high school, really, but at this point, that seems like childhood).  I had not been in a great mood, but having lunch with  him completely lifted my spirits.  We laughed as we always do and we could have talked for several hours more.  I spoke to him recently and told him how much I had enjoyed our lunch.  And he said, "Yes, we all need Vitamin F -- Friends."  He went on to tell me how he organizes whatever he can, comes up with whatever excuse, to make sure that he gets enough Vitamin F.  I am all for constant consumption of this miracle vitamin!

No comments:

Post a Comment