Tuesday, July 29, 2014

An Unexpected Kindness, An Incredible Gift

"The best things in life are unexpected -- because there are no expectations."
~ Eli Khamarov

My husband and I had dinner on our own tonight -- a rare thing.  Even more rare given that we are at violin camp with our children.

This special treat was a gift from our violin teacher, who is also here with her husband and toddler. She offered earlier today to have a play date with all the children, so that my husband and I could go out to dinner. I initially said no because I did not want to impose. Then she texted me to extend the invitation again and I accepted.

We went to a restaurant that I have been wanting to try for four years. And my children had a play date with their favorite toddler as well as a visit to an ice cream parlor.

Knowing our violin teacher, I imagine that she does not think that her kindness was a big deal, but it meant a lot to us.  In addition to our having a very pleasant evening, it is nice to know that someone cares enough to be so thoughtful.

No comments:

Post a Comment