Thursday, July 24, 2014

The Kindness of Enthusiastic Appreciation

"Appreciation is the highest form of prayer, for it acknowledges the presence of good wherever you shine the light of your thankful thoughts."
― Alan Cohen

Today is the birthday of one of my very special Kindness Muses.  She does not live in town, so early this morning, my children and I called and left a singing Happy Birthday message on her voicemail.  A couple of hours later, I received a text saying that she had not heard her phone ring as she was riding the metro to work and thanking us very enthusiastically.  "I just listened to that wonderful, joy-filled voice mail!  Thank you, all of you!  I loved it and am happy I can listen to it over and over...  I cannot wait to see all of you and hug the kids."  She also texted my children to let them know how much she enjoyed their message.

This Kindness Muse is one of those people who is herself "joy-filled."  She is generous and thoughtful, and always expresses her appreciation.  I have no doubt that she has positively impacted my children with her enthusiastic appreciation of phone calls, drawings and thank you notes received.  Her kindness in expressing her gratitude reminds my children of the impact they can have on others.

No comments:

Post a Comment