Saturday, July 5, 2014

The Kindness of a Spontaneous Gift

"Ultimate spiritual awareness unfolds when you're flexible, when you're spontaneous, when you're detached, when you're easy on yourself and easy on others."
Deepak Chopra

Recently, I was at the home of my lovely friend and remarked on a very pretty beach bag that was hanging from one of her dining room chairs.  "It's yours!" she said.  I looked at her perplexed and she explained that she had bought it as a gift during her vacation, couldn't remember whom it was for and had already distributed all her vacation gifts.  And since I liked it, she wanted me to have it.  I protested and said that she should keep it, but she insisted.  So, I left her house with my new beautiful beach bag.  I like it, I really do, but what I like about it even more is that it reminds me of my friend's kindness.

No comments:

Post a Comment