Monday, July 7, 2014

The Kindness of Sharing Knowledge

"If you have knowledge, let others light their candles in it."
  Margaret Fuller

Some days, when I reflect on the kindest thing that I have experienced or seen, it is frequently the sharing of knowledge.  I have generous colleagues who don't seem to mind answering my questions and sharing tips on how to be more effective.  And I have mom friends who share all kinds of information from parenting tips and articles to programs that may be of interest to my children. 

Over the weekend, I spent time reading a book that a work colleague had recommended and which I am finding incredibly useful.  This morning, another colleague walked me through a scheduling program with which I was not very familiar.  And this evening, I received a call from one of my mom friends to tell me about a summer program that her husband had found that would benefit our children and she encouraged me to enroll them.  I get by with a lot of kindness from my friends...

No comments:

Post a Comment