Tuesday, July 1, 2014

The Kindness of Humor

"Like a welcome summer rain, humor may suddenly cleanse and cool the earth, the air and you."
Langston Hughes

I have a long-time friend who is one of the most reliable friends imaginable.  He is also incredibly kind -- and funny.  His humor has seen us through many of life's challenges over the more than three decades that I have known him.  He has been at my side during life's most joyous occasions as well as through difficult times.  Frequently, his kindness is expressed through his very witty and original sense of humor.  It can come when I least expect it in the form of an outrageous photo or comment that he sends via text or it can be a humorous response to a challenging situation.  I know there is nothing that he wouldn't do for me -- and nearly always, that means making me laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment