Saturday, August 29, 2015

Kindness, Friday Nights and Pizza

"I advocate that every woman be a part of a circle, and a circle that meets at least once a month, or if you can't do that, once every two months or every four months."
~ Alice Walker

I have always wondered about play groups...  Years ago, it occurred to me that play groups are really about the moms -- not the children.  Under the guise of getting the children together to play, mothers come together for connection and support.  Now way past the play group years, a couple of other mothers and I have fallen into the very comfortable rhythm of Friday nights at our local pizza place.  We go with our children; they sit at their own tables and we at ours.  The evenings have been known to last for four hours.  And I believe they mean as much to the mothers as they do to the children.  We talk about everything -- from the silliest of things to clothing to family to religion.  When a couple of weeks go by and we have not met up, I find myself missing them and our conversations.  The kindness of their love and support means the world to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment