Tuesday, August 25, 2015

The Kindness of an Apology

"More people should apologize, and more people should accept apologies when sincerely made."
~ Greg LeMond

Recently, I met with the district manager of a store with which I have had a difficult situation -- a large purchase I made did not work out the way it was supposed to.  After several months of incomprehensible delays and no resolution, the gentleman came to visit me.  He said he was sorry.  I told him the apology was very important to me -- even though I can't quite explain why.  Maybe, it is having someone acknowledge what has happened or how it has impacted me...  I don't know.  But I did tell the manager that when he does training with his staff, he should let them know how important that apology is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment